Tuesday, May 6, 2014

OLYMPIC SWIMMER BROOKE BENNETT WILL BE A MOTHER AND REMAIN ON HER ROAD TO RIO


Brooke Bennett, 3-time Olympic gold medalist, officially announced her comeback in open water swimming for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio late last year. Today she's sharing a very personal turn in that journey. Below is a letter from the Olympic champion.
A wise man once told me…
“TELL GOD YOU HAVE LIFE UNDER CONTROL AND LISTEN TO HIM LAUGH.”
Entering 2014 I was ready for my transition from sports broadcasting to full time training for my Olympic comeback at Rio 2016. Fresh off my engagement to my big squeeze Jeremy I had a wedding to plan, which brings some frustration, but overall is fun. With the wedding date not until February of 2015 I had plenty of time. To add to my list I’ve taken on the task of bringing my own open water swim here to the Tampa bay area (details to come very soon). Jeremy took over a struggling football program in January and has spent every waking moment dedicated to building the program, which he loves.
Life seemed to be completely under control and rolling… that’s when I saw the 2 pink lines that will change any person’s life. That’s right folks; I’m going to be a mommy. What better timing then when I’m planning a wedding, organizing a huge event, and — oh yeah! — training for an Olympic comeback at my age (34)!
Little “Beany” (the little one’s current name) probably couldn’t have picked a more inconvenient time to show up, however all of the parents I know had the same thing to say, “there is never a perfect time to have a kid!”
Although the timing is not ideal, the situation is. Jeremy and I are so blessed not only have each other but to have an amazing family and a great support group of friends. My trainers and coaches are behind me and still totally agree that the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio is doable. But that doesn’t mean training has been easy. As many expecting moms will say the first trimester can be a doozy. Struck with morning sickness, all day sickness, I had to keep hoping for brighter days but if you know me well you know that there is no obstacle that can get between me and my goals. Now into my second trimester things are getting a little easier and my workouts are now back on target. I listen to my body and pay close attention to my heart rate. Everything has been two-thumbs up for my doctor.
“Beany” will end up being the most amazing blessing of my life. Jeremy is going to make a great father and is already showing it by doing everything I ask and dealing with me in my state of sickness and hormonal mood swings, Team HIPPO is expanding by one and I couldn’t be any more excited.
I promise to take these next “growing” months as a learning experience not only to myself but to my fan base by keeping a detailed journal to provide my fans continuous updates on this life changing experience.
Thank you so much to all my fans and supporters as I enter the newest and biggest journey of my life, being a mommy!


foto Brooke Bennett, 3 vezes medalhista de ouro olímpico, anunciou oficialmente seu retorno na natação em águas abertas para os Jogos Olímpicos de 2016 no Rio no ano passado. Hoje ela está compartilhando uma volta muito pessoal nessa jornada.  atual Foto via Taya Fagan

fonte swimswam


INFORMAÇÕES E NOTÍCIAS SOBRE NATAÇÃO MASTER-NATAÇÃO EM ÁGUAS ABERTAS - TRAVESSIA A NADO - ESPORTES AQUÁTICOS- -SWIM - SWIMMING- OPEN WATER- ABMN NATAÇÃO -TRAVERSATAS
ENVIAR E-MAIL PARA : francisswim@gmail.com
FONE 055-51-91415266
FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/francismar.siviero
WhatSapp: 

No comments: