Monday, June 24, 2024

Sette Colli 2024 International Swimming Trophy Flash quotes day 3


 

Shown below the podium and flash quotes of the third day of the 60th edition of Sette Colli / International Swimming Trophy, taking place at the Swimming Stadium in Rome.

Women 50m Freestyle

1 - Sarah Sjostrom

“I felt very good today, it is very good to do this kind of time of the year so i’m happy with that. I’m very happy with the CR, I love Rome it’s great.”

2 - Michelle Coleman

“I thought and hoped I went faster, but that's okay, I had a great time here, it's a beautiful place and it was one of the best tournaments in recent years, incredible organization and management.”

3 - Sara Curtis

"Great emotion swimming near Sarah, in the lane next to mine, It’s awesome swim next to champions like that. Being the youngest swimmer at the Olympics excites me very much, it is worthy of many years of work and it will be great to participate in the Olympics after these races."

 

Men 200m Backstroke

1 - Matteo Restivo

"Despite the result I am not fully satisfied with the race. The training lately made me hope in something less. But since we left Florence I've had some physical problems including a bit of fever. These last days were not reassuring. But let’s see how it will go!"

2 - Luke Greenwood

"I felt good in the water, even though I was a bit tired. I am satisfied. Swimming here is fantastic, I love Rome, this pool. The weather here is great and the fans are amazing."

3 - Benedek Kovacs

"MY race was not so good, I crushed the rope a little, it’s so difficult swimming outside without reference points in the sky. I’m so disappointed also because this is the last race of the season.

 

Women 200m Backstroke

1 - Osrin Honey

“I'm underbreath, happy with my swim after many weeks of training, I tried to manage the times per lap as best I could and I'm very satisfied, a fantastic environment in a beautiful pool where I really wanted to compete and where I swam great.”

2 - Shanahan Katie

“It’s very good meeting and I’m really happy with that, I’m not really happy with time but you know at this moment is really hard because I’m training for the Olimpics.”

3 - Margherita Panziera

“I was hoping much better, especially yesterday the 100, physically I was fine but unfortunately the excitement was felt, made me completely wrong race,I’m happy because anyway I managed to get the medal in the 200, I lowered a bit compared to this morning. The time is not exceptional but still it’s okay. From these seven hills I take away a lot of fatigue, but for many years I’ve competed here and it’s always nice and exciting, especially the audience.”

 

Men 50 Butterfly

1 - Thomas Ceccon

"Lately I put a little bit aside this distance to train more for back and freestyle. But it’s still a good result and it’s a useful input. Now I feel fine, I just want to relax. The Olympic Games will be a wonderful event with a wonderful national team."

2 - Nyls Korstanye

"I felt good in the water and I am satisfied, but I could have gone a little faster. Swimming in Rome is wonderful, the fans are amazing."

3 - Lorenzo gargani

"I felt quite good in the water, maybe I’ve been a little bit influenced by the delay of the race but I’m really happy with the time because it’s my PB."

 

Women 200m Butterfly

1 - Macinnes Keanna

“Was really though today, I don’t like the time but I’m going still training especially for the Olimpics. I love this pool is one of my favorite.”

2 - Laura Kathleen Stephens

"The race was good, I mean it’s another step into the preparation. I’m happy with the performance, I raced as the best l could do. This is one of my favourite pools, I love racing here, it was amazing and the crowd is awesome."

3 - Mitusi Airi

"I'm not satisfied with my race, I was in a bad period where I trained a lot and in the end I didn't reach my goal."

 

Men 200m Breaststroke

1 - Caspar Corbeau

"I swam a little bit slower than I wanted, I’m really tired because of we are on a hard training in preparation for the Olympics. These races here at settecolli were a test in view of the games so it’s a part of the journey. We’re going to Gloria Sport Arena for a training camp with the Olympic team before heading to Paris."

2 - Arno Kamminga

"I am satisfied with my race, I swam a second faster than last week and I felt good. Coming here to Rome is always nice, the audience is warm and fun."

3 - Edoardo Giorgetti

"It is always thrilling to compete here, this pool and this lane have special meanings for me. I'm enjoying the moment. I had a good race, I wanted to show that I could still give something and I did."

 

Women 200m Breaststroke

1 - Schouten Tes

“I felt very good the time wasn’t very bad. I need to rest right now but i know that i have to training hard for the olimpics, I’m excited but nervous at the same time. I love Settecolli and Rome.”

2 - Francesca Fangio

"I feel very happy, I knew I had to repeat myself after the performance of the Assoluti since I had already managed to swim the FINA time limit, so today I confirmed myself, I prepared this race in a tough way, because I too am starting to have my 29 years in which I begin to suffer a little and it was very tiring, but it is my race and I put all my heart into it."

3 - Carraro Martina

"Now I take a year off, I do what I couldn’t do in these years and then I decide. It’s a break and we’ll see later. I started in this pool with 50 breaststokes and ended up here with 200 breaststrokes. The most exciting medal is the world bronze and no other medal will ever match that."

 

Men 200m Freestyle

1 - Lukas Maertens

"I felt a bit tired after the 800 I did yesterday, but this race went good anyway. Two days and two wins, I am very satisfied. This is my last race here, now I will have two weeks of training camps and then it’s time for the Olympics. It will be fantastic.

2 - James Guy

"I felt pretty good, it’s not one of my best times but this was just a step for my preparation for the Olympics."

3 - Duncan Scott

 

Women 400m Freestyle

1 - Simona Quadarella

"Great emotions, but I was quite tired from yesterday and the day before yesterday, but I also wanted to win this race and I brought it home so I'm very happy, I thank my family, my coach and my society who are always by my side and they support me.

2 - Silvia De Oliviera

“I feel very good today, this wasn’t my best time but I tired because I’m training for the Olimpics. I’m actually excited for this. I hope i going to be better next time.”

3 - Gabriella Roncatto

"Yesterday I swam a little better, today I struggled, but still the race has been done and I’m happy. It is beautiful to swim in Rome, the Italian crowd is fantastic and very involved. I feel very good here and every time I come here to compete I feel awesome."

 

Men 200m Individual Medley

1 - Daiya seto

"I swam a little slow today but I’m preparing myself for the Olympics so it’s ok. I’m going to France, close to Paris with the Japan Olympic team for a training camp before heading to Paris."

2 - Alberto Razzetti

"I am happy with the races over the past two days. I didn't come in the best condition and I came here to have fun. I'm not in the best condition, I came here to have fun."

3 - Massimiliano Matteazzi

"Today I achieved my personal best, I'm happy. After the 100, I saw Alberto a bit slower, I thought I could pass him but I didn't manage to. I'm sorry I didn't make the final with my brother."

 

Women 200m Individual Medley

1 - Wood Abbi

“I’m really happy about the race, it was a fundamental step for my preparation to the Olimpics, now I’m going to keep trining for at least two weeks.”

2 - Ohashi Yui

I focused a lot on the race, I didn't even think once about the fact that I am the reigning champion of the 2021 Tokyo Olympics, I am very happy to have participated in this tournament in this beautiful city."

3 - Sara Franceschi

"It is beautiful because as soon as you enter the tank you know that the audience is rooting for you and therefore it is even more beautiful, and having the audience on your side makes it a plus. I go to the Olympics with a lot of experience, it’s my third Olympics, I’m confident, I’m training well and we’ll see what happens in a month."

 

Men 1500m Freestyle

1 - Florian Wellbrock

"It was a very tough race, I didn't feel my best in the water but the time was very good and I am very satisfied. Rome is a beautiful city, swimming in this stadium, with this audience, is always exciting."

2 - Luca De Tullio

"I felt like I was going fast, but I didn't expect this time. I prefer the 800 a little more because it's a bit faster, but I had a lot of fun this time. The cheering here got me very excited, I hardly see the crowd during the race, but when I do it's always a great boost."

3 - Wiffen Daniel

"It was a good swim tonight I’m really happy with it. It’s always very amazing racing here in Rome, the atmosphere is so lovely. You asked me if I’ll swim the 10km as open waters at the Olympics? We will see there."

No comments: