Friday, July 8, 2022

SWIM IRELAND - Day 3 Results Bailey and Leggett in action on Day 3 for Team Ireland


 

The 2022 LEN European Junior Championships is at the halfway point in Bucharest, Romania, with two Irish swimmers in action on day three of the six-day event.

Evan Bailey was in action for the third consecutive day, competing in the 100m Butterfly where he finished in a time of 55.22 seconds. The New Ross SC swimmer will return to action on Saturday for the 100m Freestyle, which will bring his Junior Championships to a close.

Speaking following his 100m Butterfly event this morning, Bailey said: “It wasn’t my best race, I think I have things to work on. I found in the finish that I can keep the rhythm and they are things I need to work on in the next part of my race, going forward it is good! I’ve really enjoyed my experience so far, it’s a cool experience and cool to be swimming with all the other countries I’ve never seen before.”

The second and final Irish swimmer in action today was Thomas Leggett, who returned to the blocks following an impressive opening day swim in the 200m Freestyle, setting a new personal best with a time of 1:55.20. Leggett, of Larne SC, competed in the 50m Freestyle this morning, touching the wall in 23.56.

Speaking after his event, Leggett said: “The race was nice, but the finish wasn’t as nice as I hoped! It is something to work on for Dublin (Irish Summer Nationals) in a couple of weeks, so I can’t be that annoyed! The experience is very crazy, very intimidating, but it is an experience and it’s one I want to see again. I race the 100m Free on Saturday, it should be fun. It’s going to be fast with a lot of fast people in it.”

Grace Davison, Liam Custer and Grace Hodgins all return to action on day four, Davison in the 100m Freestyle, Custer in the 400m IM and Hodgins in the 800m Freestyle.

 

Team

Evan Bailey New Ross SC

Thomas Leggett  Larne SC

Grace Davison Ards SC

Ellie McCartney Ards SC/National Centre Bangor

Liam Custer Sundays Well SC/Sarasota Sharks

Grace Hodgins Trojan SC

Molly Mayne Templeogue SC/Hamilton Aquatics (Dubai)

 

Press Releases will be issued daily.

Day 3 Heats Results:

100m Butterfly Evan Bailey, 55.22

50m Freestyle Thomas Leggett, 23.56

 

Day 4 Heats Schedule:

100m Freestyle Grace Davison

400m IM Liam Custer

800m Freestyle Grace Hodgins

No comments: