Friday, October 9, 2026

Wasick’s 50m Freestyle unbeaten run continues

Poland’s Kasia Wasick collected yet another win in the 50m Freestyle, having not lost a race in short course meters since December 2022 or a race in the World Cup since 2024. On Thursday night, she swam to 23.63, just holding off Canada’s Taylor Ruck (23.68).
 
“It's not easy when you're 18. It's not easy when you're 20. It's definitely not easy when you're 34,” Wasick said. “So, I am very happy and proud that I can represent my country for so many races and for so many years.
 
“I just focus on the details, and I have the best group here, my coach, my physio and everyone that supports me."
 
Evgeniia Chikunova of Russia swam to 2:17.23 in winning the 200m Breaststroke for her second straight win in the series as a lot of Russian supporters were on hand to cheer her on.
 
“So loud,” she said. Last week, she was 0.03 faster, and will go for a third straight win next week in Kazakhstan. She won comfortably tonight over Tes Schouten (2:20.07).
 
China’s Chen Juner also collected his second straight win in the 100m butterfly, just off his best time to go 49.75 tonight.
 
Americans Anna Peplowski (4:00.25) and Carson Foster (3:37.39) also collected wins in the 400m Freestyle to open the competition.


 

No comments: